Friday, April 13, 2012

Springtime, Rainbows and Banners!!

Oh Happy Friday!  I have a quick, clean and simple card to share with you that is created using mostly punches!!  Gotta love that!!  I am also inviting you to PLAY with us over at the newest challenge over at Paper Lovin' Gals!!  It's all about Banners and Bright fun colors!!

Here is my Creation...

Here is the Inspiration Photo to follow for PLG 27!!

I also followed the sketch from Freshly Made sketches # 30

And now a little about my card.  I used a Creative Memories circle cutter for the yellow of the sun.  I used the Star Punch from SU for the orange triangles.  Just simply punched the star and then snipped off the triangle ends.  I used the 2 1/2" round scallop punch for the bigger sized clouds and the cupcake punch for the smaller clouds.  Both of these from SU.  I used the 1/2" punch from SU for the small circles that are from the BRIGHTS DSP collection from SU to create my banner at the top.  So 4 different punches and my card was basically finished!!  :-) As you can see the circles are folded in half around some linen thread for my banner and after placing my clouds in the just perfect formation, I outlined with a black journaler for added definition.  Stamped the sentiment and everything sits on Tempting Turquoise DSP from Stampin' Up... and VOILA!!  Done!! 

Thank you so much for visiting!  I hope you can find some time to play over at Paper Lovin' Gals Challenge # 27.  You have until Wednesday, April 18th at 8pm PST.  So lots of time!!  Head on over to see what the DT came up with!!

The challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches # 30 ends Monday, April 16th at NOON PST.  

Have fun it all of your crafting endeavors!!

9 comments:

SunnyCreations said...

Michele, I love this card! It's so stinkin cute and happy and the colors are so fresh!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeee the sun and the banner!!!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Fabulous!

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

This is a very cute card. I love the sun and the fun banner. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS.

Denise Pustelniak said...

Michele, I love your card! The colors are very cheerful! It was definitely worth the wait!

Jenny said...

Cute and summery! Love the bright colors!

hollybeary creations said...

Love this.. This came out great with the sun image.. So fun and bright.

Tui Nathan said...

What a great card ... so bright and happy ... your elements are great, the sun, the clouds and banner ... super fun!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh! Great interpretation of the sketch! Very clever. What a fun invitation. Love the sun, banner, clouds. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!