Sunday, April 1, 2012

LMCB 82 and NIKKI SIVILS "Exit Here" collection

Hello to all of my crafty friends!!  It feels so good to get this post up... for I have been on a mini crafting break. Non-intentional!!  Again... life just gets busy... and when I have a crafty creation to share, it means that I had time to relax.  :-)
Today is the beginning of another FUN challenge at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges.

This weeks challenge is "April Fools" !!  Show us your 'sneaky tricks'!!  Ideas:  Hidden Journaling, hidden photos, hidden tips and tricks.  Well... I think I have ALL that to show you with my layout.  Warning... PICTURE heavy!!  

My fun 2 page layout is all about our 2nd day this past summer on our Ocean Shores mini vacation.  This was a "Road Trip" theme day.  We explored the Washington Coast.  It rained an rained and wouldn't stop raining... and we  STILL had such an awesome day!!

I also want to highlight... that 95% of my layout is created with the AWESOME "Exit Here" Collection from NIKKI SIVILS.  I won this fabulous kit about a month ago and finally found time to play with it!  If you aren't familiar with Nikki Sivils products... you must check her out.  Her paper collections are very fun and whimsical!!  A must see!!  


My first "Trick" to share... basic alphas... I outline with black marker so it defines a bit better.

My next fun tidbit... I do "Faux" Stitching a lot!!  Black ink pen around the borders.  White gel pen in a dot formation to "Highlight" some basic navy cardstock.  I also back the basic die cut elements on solid cardstock.  The camera and the sign are backed in NAVY.  It just gives it that extra oomph!!  

This is out of order... but this is the underside of my "Hidden Journaling."  I had a lot to tell... but wanted to condense... so did the "Flip Flap" journaling. See next photo. 

 Here is the top of the journaling  before it FLIPS to the 2nd page.  :-)

Close-up of the LEFT page. 

Close-up of the RIGHT page. 

I hope you will join us this week for the newest LMCB 82 "April Fools" Challenge and show us your HIDDEN SECRETS!!

We also have a sketch for you to use if you should choose... But not mandatory.

You have until SATURDAY, APRIL 7, 2012 to link up HERE for your chance as our WINNER, part of our TOP 3 or to be FEATURED throughout the week!  Hope to see you!!

Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope I have inspired you to create  your next scrap layout to adorn your album!!
Happy Sunday!!

Supplies:
ALL from the NIKKI SIVILS Exit Here collection except otherwise noted.
Plain Cardstock:  Night of Navy and Crumb Cake are from Stampin' Up
Embellies:  Twine from "Divine Twine", Pink Button is "Random."  
Ink:  SU Black Journaling pen and WHITE gel pen.

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You TOTALLY ROCKED her Exit Here collection!!! I love love love love this!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with me too.... I can't wait to SHOWCASE this on Nikki's blog!! YOU ROCK!!!

SunnyCreations said...

You did an awesome job Shell! I love the "picture heavy" warning! Can't wait to see it on Nikkis's Blog!! Woot woot!!

Haven_mom4 said...

Amazing layout. Love the Tsunami Evacuation route signs. Such a familiar sight for this Oregon girl.

K Clark said...

oh wow.... love the flip of the journal!! great tips for the page as well - looks like you had a great time

Unknown said...

WOW! This is awesome and congrats on being showcased:) Love all of the tips. I need to check out this flip flaps!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Awesome layout! Love the papers and the flip journal. Great tips about faux stitching and outlining letters too.

Karen Wilson said...

Wow Michele! You TOTALLY rocked the challenge this week! Look at all your little tips and tricks! I'm going to have to "borrow" that faux stitching, I love it and hmmm, another idea for my flip flaps!! Think of the journaling you could fit!! Looks like you had an awesome day, even though it rained!

Denise Pustelniak said...

This is fantastic, Michele! Love all the photos and the hidden journaling.