Sunday, July 4, 2010

My Pink Stamper Challenge - HOO's 40 Birthday Card

First of all... HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA!! 
This is also the year that most of my close friends turn 40.  And speaking from experience... it's actually darn good! (It's the new 25!!  :-)  ) 
I decided to make this birthday card following Robyn over at her challenge @ Mypinkstamper.  The challenge is to use PINK, ORANGE, GREEN and BROWN as the color combo throughout.  This is one of my favorite color combinations... so this was fun to do!!  Thanks for looking.



Recipe:
Cardstock - Stampin' Up - Pink Passion, Green Galore, Only Orange, Chocolate Chip, Whisper white, Very Vanilla (Owls eye, feet and beak), Close to Cocoa DSP
Ribbon:  SU Chocolate Chip  1/4 " grossgrain
Cricut Carts:  Give a Hoot, Celebrations, A Child's Year (Font)

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Very cute card!

Nancy Zunic said...

Your card is so cute! Thanks for the kind comment on mine. Visit my blog anytime! It is fun to see other peoples' creations.

Helen said...

Cute! Love the owl with the ballons.

Edna Marie said...

So cute, love the ballons and the way you have the color blocks in the background very creative ;)Inspired

Beth said...

Love this birthday card! I love all the colors and added interest with the cricut cutouts. Thank you so much for joining in on the blog hop. Thank you for your kind words. I am excited about the blog candy too. I am a follower!

Unknown said...

WOW! This card TOTALLY ROCKS!!! I LOVE it!!! The layers, the colors, the owl, everything is awesome!

GabyCreates.com said...

I never thought that I would like this combination of colors, but you did a great job, it is cute!!! And I agree, 40 is the new 25!!!